- Business Information
- Contracting Opportunities
- General Information
- Equal Opportunity Programs
- Current Contracting Opportunities
- Design / Build
- Architectural and Engineering
- Goods and Equipment
- Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project
- Land Development
- Upcoming Opportunities
- Award Information
- PROJECT eLERT
- MWAA iSupplier Portal
- Tenant Information
- Building Codes Dept
RFQI 8-13-C001: Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project, Phase 2, Package A, Design/Build
|RFQI Issue Date:||July 12, 2012|
|Deadline for Qualifications:||1:00 PM (Eastern), September 11, 2012|
|Pre-Submittal Conference:||9:30 AM (Eastern), July 26, 2012 at the Washington Dulles Airport Marriott|
|Special Event - Exhibit Hall:||Immediately following the Pre-Submittal Conference, the Airports Authority will be sponsoring an “Exhibit Hall” for RFP 8-13-C001. CLICK HERE for details.|
|Question Submission:||The deadline for submitting questions has passed.
No further questions will be accepted.
|Estimated Dollar Value:||$1.4 - $1.6 billion|
|Phase 2, Package A will extend the Metrorail system from Wiehle Avenue in Fairfax County, VA another 11.4 miles northwest, through Washington Dulles International Airport (Dulles Airport) to a terminus near Route 772 in eastern Loudoun County. The Contractor shall furnish all necessary labor, materials, tools, equipment and supervision to accomplish the final design and construction of the Rail Line, Stations, and Systems elements for all of Phase 2, including:
- Rail tracks and supporting infrastructure at-grade in the Dulles International Airport Access Highway (DIAAH), Dulles Toll Road (DTR), and Dulles Greenway rights-of-way and elevated within the boundaries of Dulles Airport.
- Rail stations and supporting infrastructure in the median of the DIAAH or the Dulles Greenway at Reston Parkway, Herndon (Monroe Street), Route 28, Route 606 and Route 772, and in the vicinity of the North (Daily 1) Parking Garage at Dulles Airport. Each median station will include pedestrian bridges crossing the DIAAH/DTR or the Dulles Greenway and entry pavilions, access roadways, surface parking and bus facilities. The Dulles Airport station will have a direct connection to the existing pedestrian tunnel providing climate-controlled access to the Main Terminal.
- Rail systems for all of Phase 2 including traction power sub stations, tie breaker stations, communications equipment and train control equipment.
This Request For Qualifications Information (RFQI) represents the first step of a two-step procurement process and will result in the selection of a number of Offerors (Shortlisted Offerors) who will be invited to participate in the second step of the process. During the second step, the Shortlisted Offerors will respond to a Request for Proposals (RFP) seeking the submission of both technical and price proposals in accordance with the requirements of the RFP. The Package A design-build contract will be awarded to the Shortlisted Offeror that meets the RFP’s technical requirements and has the lowest price. Additional details on each step of the procurement process and submittal requirements will be provided with the release of the RFQI.
|This federally funded project has a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal. Offerors shall assume that the DBE goal for Package A will be fourteen percent (14%) of the total Package A Contract value. The final Package A DBE goal and associated requirements will be specified in the RFP.
A DBE is defined as a firm that is at least 51% owned and controlled by one or more social and economically disadvantaged individual(s). DBE firms eligible to participate in this Project must be DBE certified by the Virginia Unified Certification Program (the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and the Virginia Department of Minority Business Enterprise are the certifying entities of the VUCP), in accordance with US Department of Transportation regulations in 49 CFR Part 26.
Please refer to the RFQI document for additional information pertaining to the DBE Goal for this project, to include DBE size standards. Contact the Airports Authority's Equal Opportunity Programs Department at 703-417-8625 for additional information on DBE Certification requirements.
|One, August 6, 2012 - The due date for qualifications submittals remains unchanged.
Two, August 24, 2012 - The due date for qualifications submittals remains unchanged.
Three, August 27, 2012 - The due date for qualifications submittals is extended from September 7, 2012 to September 11, 2012.
CLICK HERE to download Amendment Documents
Last Updated August 27, 2012