Compliments and Complaints can be made in the following manner:
- In Person at:
- Reagan National Airport Police at the Terminal A Police Station
- Dulles International Airport Police Station at Autopilot Dr and Rudder Rd
- The Internal Affairs Office located in the West Building, Room PSD 300 Reagan National Airport
- By Mail to the Internal Affairs Unit (see address below)
- By Fax: 703-417-1522
- By eMail: Police.InternalAffairs@mwaa.com
- By contacting a Police Supervisor at:
- Reagan National 703-417-8563 or 8562
- Dulles International 703-572-5704 or 5703
Feedback Form Instructions
- Download the Compliment/Complaint Form.
(Note: forms may not be electronicallysubmitted)
- Print and mail the completed form to:
Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Airport Police Department
Internal Affairs Unit, MA-310IAU
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Washington, DC 20001
Your Feedback is Important to Us
Your compliments regarding members of the Department will be forwarded to the appropriate Airports Authority Police Commander so that the Officer(s) involved may be properly recognized for their actions.
The Internal Affairs Division is responsible for investigating all allegations of misconduct and corruption involving all sworn members of the Department, as well as complaints and incidents involving all non-sworn members. All complaints will be accepted and investigated. Parking and traffic charges cannot be adjudicated by any member of the Police Department. You must contact the General District Court or Parking Abrogation Office as indicated on the traffic summons or parking violation issued by the officer.
Parking tickets are adjudicated by the appropriate jurisdictions where the tickets were issued.
The commanding officer of the Internal Affairs Unit reports directly to the Chief of Police. Additionally, the unit monitors and initiates other specific investigations directed by the Chief of Police. The Internal Affairs Unit is dedicated to preserving the integrity and internal security of the Airports Authority Police Department and is committed to maintaining the high professional standards set forth by the Police Department. All investigations will be conducted in a fair and impartial manner. Upon completion of an investigation the complainant and the officer will be notified of the outcome in writing.
The Internal Affairs Unit Commander, or the on duty Watch Commander, is available upon call to respond to any unusual incident or critical incident involving a member of the Department on a twenty-four hour basis.