Media members wishing to film at the airports for news programs should contact the Airports Authority Media Relations Office prior to arriving at the airport.
Guidelines for Media Parking near the Terminal
- All space is first come-first serve and cannot be reserved in advance.
- You must notify us before parking any vehicles along the media pad near the terminal. Notification does not guarantee a parking spot.
- Only live vehicles engaged in live-shot activity may park in this area (Zone "C" parking at Reagan National / Media Pad at Dulles).
- All crew vehicles, equipment vehicles and personal vehicles must park in the public parking facilities.
- The airport reserves the right to prioritize these spaces for non-media purposes at any time.
- Due to the limited curbside, only one vehicle per media organization may park.
- If all marked spaces are full, double parking is not permitted.
- The organization's name must be clearly visible either on the vehicle or on a placard in the dashboard. Include the phone number of your onsite contact.
- Cabling must not impede pedestrian traffic flow. No cabling is allowed through doorways or across walkways.
- Please reference the map below for authorized locations.
Other Important Guidelines
- Filming must not interfere with passenger flow or airport operations - if filming inside the terminal, equipment must be attended at all times and should take up no more than 50 square feet (a smaller footprint is required in confined or busy locations)
- Do not film in airline facilities, security lines, concessions or other leased space without express permission of the appropriate company or agency.
- The Airports Authority reserves the right to restrict media activity at any location on airport premises if public security, safety or operational concerns so warrant
- Read more details here.
News crews violating these requirements could be ticketed, towed or asked to relocate or leave the airport.
Liveshots at Reagan National Airport
Live Trucks may park on the upper roadway level in front of Terminal B/C adjacent to the north or south terraces. Due to Project Journey construction, parking on the north terrace is preferred, while very limited on the south terrace. Any media parking on the south terrace must park away from the temporary Door 1 bus stop - look for the cones. Parking is provided for live trucks only – no other crew vehicles. In the event of large numbers of live trucks, the Airport Operations Office and Airport Police will direct trucks to alternate areas. There are no designated live truck parking locations at Terminal A, but space may be temporarily allocated if specific needs arise.
Aerial View of Reagan National
Liveshots at Dulles International Airport
Live vehicles may park on the media pad located at the west end of the Main Terminal upper (ticketing) level. No other crew vehicles allowed.
Aerial View of Dulles International
Additional Live Shot Camera Location at Dulles
News media looking for locations with the runways in the background may film from the top floor of Garage 2 (view IAD Parking Information). The live vehicle can be parked on the media pad or a legal parking space on the top floor of the garage (standard parking rates apply). Cable from the media pad may then be run along the outside of the walkway, up the side of the building to the roof - a 300 ft. throw. Filming from this location must be coordinated in advance with the Media Relations Office.