This walkway provides passengers with an alternative path between the Main Terminal and Concourses A and B. It is equipped with moving sidewalks in each direction. The walkway crosses underneath a set of airplane taxiways and has escalators and elevators at each end. The present-day Mobile Lounges and future AeroTrain system also provide connections between these buildings.
The project included the construction of a structural shell and architectural finishes for the tunnel, including elevators, escalators, stairways, and moving sidewalks.
Statistics about the Passenger Walkway:
- Date opened: November 2004
- Tunnel Dimesions: 1,000 feet long, 40 feet wide, 27 feet high
- Program Cost: $81 million
- Kaiser/Earth Tech Engineers, Inc - Design of Structural Shell and Architectural Finishes
- Kiewit Construction Company - Construction of Structural Shell
- Hensel Phelps Construction Company - Construction of Architectural Finishes
Click below for more about this project