The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is proud of its successful Supplier Diversity program. Recent data shows that:
- In 2016, over 117 contracts were awarded totaling over $647 Million
- Of those 117 contracts, approximately 21%, or $183 Million represent small and minority-owned businesses
- As of Spring 2017, the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority has over 600 African American certified firms, representing 36% of its population of 1,800 certified firms
Notice: New Supplier Diversity Management System Effective November 1, 2016
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority's Department of Supplier Diversity is pleased to announce a new Supplier Diversity Management System. The new system allows vendors the ability to easily register with the Airports Authority’s DBE/ACDBE and LDBE Programs, complete on-line applications for certification, update contact information, look-up certified firms as well as additional functionalities. The following key features will be included:
- Enhanced online Directory, with key-word search capabilities
- Tracking certification applications from submission to completion
- Electronic Certification Applications and renewal processes
Effective November 1, 2016 all certification applications must be submitted through the new system. The Department of Supplier Diversity will not accept paper applications postmarked after October 31, 2016.
To access the system, please visit https://mwaa.diversitycompliance.com. If you are currently DBE/ACDBE and/or LDBE certified with the Airports Authority, your firm is already in the system and an account exists. Click the Account Lookup link to obtain your login. If you are a new firm, please create an account.
Questions or assistance in accessing your account will be handled through the customer support link in the system.
Department of Supplier Diversity (DSD)
The mission of the Department of Supplier Diversity is to promote regional economic development through the maximum utilization of small, local, minority and women-owned businesses in the contracting opportunities of The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority. Through the functions of outreach, certification, and contract compliance, the DSD has lead responsibility for the implementation of the Authority's small business programs.
The Authority's Local Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (LDBE) Program is sought on all contracts that are non federally-funded, and its Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Programs is sought on federally-funded contracts and concession opportunities. DSD fosters Minority and Woman-Owned Business Enterprises (MBE/WBE) participation through the Authority's policy of voluntary MBE/WBE participation.
Please contact the Department of Supplier Diversity at (703) 417-8625 if you are interested in:
- LDBE and DBE/ACDBE contract opportunities
- LDBE or DBE/ACDBE certification
- LDBE/DBE/ACDBE as partners or subcontractors (LDBE/DBE directory)
Listed below are resources for small business opportunities with the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport, Dulles Toll Road, and Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project (SilverLine).
- Currently Available Contracting and Concession Opportunities
A listing of Contracting Opportunities currently available through The Authority.
- Sources for Procurement Information
A listing of agencies/organizations that provide Authority procurement information.