Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Traveler Update on Coronavirus
Airports to Host Hispanic Heritage Month Performances
Passengers will be Treated to Latin American Dance and Musical Performances
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport will host a series of performances in recognition of Hispanic Heritage Month, which runs from September 15 to October 15. Passengers traveling through the airport terminals will be treated to music and dance that reflects the diverse culture of the Hispanic people.
The month-long celebration is part of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority’s Arts Program. A full schedule of events is listed below:
Reagan National Performances - Across from Cibo Bistro (Terminal B, pre-security)
- September 21: Canto Sur (Latin American folk tunes) will perform from 12:30-2:00 p.m.
- October 7: T Trifilio Tango (the music of Argentina) will perform from 12:30-2:00 p.m.
- October 14: Confonica (Colombian music on guitar, tiple, flute and some percussion) will perform from 3:30-5:00 p.m.
Dulles International Performances - Main Terminal Departures level near security entrance
- September 15: Los Quetzales Mexican dancers will perform from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- September 22: Arpacafe (Colombian music on harp, maracas, cuatro along with instruments from llanera music of Colombia and Venezuela)) will perform from 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- September 29: Verny Varela (Colombian music as well as salsa, cha cha, cumbia, merengue and bachata) will perform from 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- October 6: T Trifilio Tango ( Argentinian music) will perform from 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- October 13: Papalca Peruvian dancers (Afro-Peruvian, marinera norteña, zapateo trujillano and Andean dance) will perform from 2:30-4:00 p.m.
Media wishing to cover the performances should contact the Airports Authority Media Relations office.
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, through its Arts Program, offers diverse regional, national and international rotating exhibits, live performances and public art displays that celebrate the beauty and creativity of the National Capital Region.
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority operates Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport, the Dulles Airport Access Highway and the Dulles Toll Road and also manages construction of the Silver Line project, a 23-mile extension of the Washington region’s Metrorail public transit system through Fairfax County and into Loudoun County, Virginia. More than 44 million passengers a year pass through the two airports. The Airports Authority generates more than 387,000 jobs in the National Capital Region.