The Authority’s Building Code Department is an independent Building Department within the Commonwealth of Virginia and enforces the Virginia Construction Code (VCC). It is the Authority having Jurisdiction (AHJ) for all Authority property. Policies and procedures are outlined in the Building Code Manual. If you have questions you may contact Tom Beatty, PE at Thomas.Beatty@MWAA.com.
The Environmental Department manages an approved DEQ Program for Stormwater Management and Erosion/Sediment Control for all land disturbing activities on Authority property. Policies and procedures are outlined in the link below. If you have questions on either of these programs contact Tom Beatty, PE at Thomas.Beatty@MWAA.com.
- Architect and Engineers of Record Form
- Building Code Inspection Request Form
- Building Code Department Inspection Check List
- Building Codes Manual - Revised July 2016
- Utility Outage Request Form, National Airport (MS Word)
- Accessibility Compliance Form 2015
- Application For Permit Form
- APPENDIX 14 Special Inspections
- Permit Application Check List Form
- Design Load Criteria
- Guidelines for Issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy
- Stormwater Program
- Torque Record for Electrical Connections
- IECC Electrical Energy Check List