Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Traveler Update on Coronavirus
5 Ways to Celebrate the Holiday Season at Dulles International and Reagan National Airports
Events, performances to entertain passengers throughout the holiday season
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) are ready to celebrate the holiday season with a variety of performances, giveaways and surprises for passengers throughout the month of December.
- Attend a musical performance – Local bands and choirs will be performing throughout the month of December at Dulles International and Reagan National. Scheduled performances include Beltway Brass (DCA, IAD), Flint Hill School (IAD), Ft. Hunt Elementary School choir (DCA), the Georgetown University Superfoods a cappella group (IAD), Lunsford Middle School strings (IAD), Sandburg Middle School orchestra (DCA), Stone Bridge High School jazz band and jazz choir (IAD). Performances are held pre-security in the main terminal at both airports.
- Grab a (free) cup of hot chocolate – As part of Dulles International’s “Comforts of Home” holiday campaign, cozy up on a sofa in front of a fireplace and sip a cup of complimentary hot chocolate. The hot cocoa pop-up will happen at different times throughout the month in concourse B, near gate B50.
- Visit Santa and Mrs. Claus – Before he travels around the world, Santa will be visiting Dulles International Dec. 17, 18 and 19 and Reagan National Dec. 20 and 23. Find Santa as he strolls throughout the airport and pass along your travel wish list.
- Sing along to holiday favorites – A strolling group of carol singers will be roaming throughout both airports spreading holiday joy.
- Create an ugly “sweater” – Make your very own ugly holiday shirt with a workshop held on Dec. 20 at Dulles International (concourse B near Estee Lauder) and Dec. 23 at Reagan National (near Il Viaggio).