Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Traveler Update on Coronavirus
Airports Authority Trades Jobs
Build your career in an organization that makes a difference to millions traveling all around the world.
Your Journey Begins With Us!
The trades industry is growing, in demand and has great earning potential. By joining the Airports Authority, you can build a lucrative career and be at the forefront of a booming industry. Click explore opportunities below to learn more about our current openings.
Meet our Trade Professionals
Matthew Rolin, Shop 2 Leader
As a trades professional, I use different skills that keep me engaged and challenged. I am confronted with real-world problems that require problem-solving, creativity, planning and organizing, critical thinking and leadership skills. Everyday there’s a new challenge.
Ricky Anderson, Luis Vellon; HVAC & AC Group Supervisors
Our trades’ professionals play a key role in conducting critical tasks that keep our Airports safe and efficient. They maintain our buildings, airport runways and facilities.
A wide range of careers include:
- Maintenance: Welders, Pipefitters, Structured Maintenance Mechanic, Plumbing, Heavy Equipment Mechanical, Automotive
- Electrical: Electronics, HVAC, Heavy Equipment Electrical
- Design: Painters and Carpenters
Benefits packages include:
- Competitive Wages
- Health insurance
- Transportation subsidies
- Paid vacation including annual leave, sick leave and federal holidays
- Paid time off for jury duty and military obligations
- Tuition reimbursement
- 457 Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) with employer matching
Develop your passion into a career with our Apprentice program
- Full-time, paid employee development program
- Hands-On training
- Attend School- MWAA pays the cost of tuition,books and material
- Career Advancement
It takes teamwork to make sure Airports are run efficiently, and our trades’ team members play a key role as they touch all operational functionalities:
- The Airports Authority is responsible for managing a two-airport system - Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport.
- Our locksmiths maintain the operations of over 14,000 doors throughout the Airports.
- Our Heavy Equipment Mechanics are responsible for ensuring the maintenance of jet bridges that allow passengers to board and deplane; and provide maintenance of mobile lounges that carry our travelers to and from their gates.
- Dulles International Airport is the largest consumer of natural gas in the state of VA, which requires our Plumbers to be well versed in electrical and natural gas components.