Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Traveler Update on Coronavirus
Customer COVID-19 Air Travel Survey Results
Last month, the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority conducted a brief customer survey asking passengers to share their expectations and opinions in reference to air travel as well as expected travel behaviors in the near future. Please see the results below and actions that are in place to enhance the customer experience:
Many respondents can’t wait to visit loved ones or get away from it all this summer. The Airports Authority is excited to see happy eyes and masked smile as passengers make their way through the airports again.
When passengers are ready to travel - we are here to serve them.
The teams at Dulles International and Reagan National are working hard to make the experience at the airport cleaner, safer and more efficient than ever. The following measures are in place at the airports:
- Passengers, visitors, and airport workers are required to wear face coverings at all times to comply with Virginia Governor Northam’s mandate. For more details visit: mwaa.com/facecoverings
- Plexiglass protective barriers that buffer interactions between travelers and airport employees
- Enhanced social distancing reminders and signage
- Frequent disinfection of all high touch areas
- Additional hand sanitizer stations throughout the terminals
- For a limited time all close-in walkable parking is currently priced at the economy parking rate of $10/day at Dulles International and $17/day at Reagan National.
- To encourage social distancing, we have eliminated the need for shuttle buses by closing economy parking lots at both airports.
- Concessions are open in every concourse and the main terminals to meet customers’ needs, with additional options opening on a daily basis.
- All concessions are abiding by the requirements established by the Governor of Commonwealth of Virginia for reopening of food and retail spaces.
Thank you for the continued support.