Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Traveler Update on Coronavirus
Health & Safety as We Take Flight
The safety and well-being of our customers and employees at Reagan National and Dulles International airports is our top priority.
The airport continues to monitor the situation surrounding the COVID-19 coronavirus and remains in close coordination with our federal partners at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Transportation Security Administration and our state and local health departments and emergency management agencies in preparedness activities related to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are following all CDC-recommended protocols for cleaning the airport, including wiping down surfaces and cleaning bathrooms, and have shared with our employees important information provided by the CDC about the virus and following the CDC’s recommendations on healthy habits, such as hand-washing and covering your cough.
For additional information about the COVID-19 coronavirus from the CDC, please visit coronavirus.gov.
As the holidays approach, the airport is expecting an uptick in terminal and roadway traffic, though not to the same extent as in recent years. Travelers should plan ahead before their journey and do their part to keep themselves and others safe and healthy.
- We have increased sanitization in high-touch areas at the airport, including handrails, escalators, elevator buttons, restrooms, people movers, mobile lounges, baggage claim, etc.
- Face coverings are required for everyone at the airport, including passengers, per Gov. Ralph Northam’s May 29 mandate. Children under age 5 and people with medical conditions which prevent the wearing of face coverings are exempt.
- Visit the Face Coverings information page for more details.
- Floor decals are installed to encourage social distancing.
- Plexiglas barriers are installed in areas where airline and TSA staff interact with customers.
- Economy parking rates are in place at parking garages within walking distance of the terminal, eliminating shuttle buses for social distancing purposes.
SHOPPING & DINING
- Terminal concessions are operating consistent with state guidelines; however, some concessions are temporarily closed or are operating under modified hours.
- Food and beverage offerings, as well as newsstands, are open in each concourse.
- To learn more about the adjusted shopping and dining hours, please visit Dulles International Airport and Reagan National Airport .
PARKING & GROUND TRANSPORTATION
- To encourage social distancing during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, parking and ground transportation at IAD have been temporarily modified.
- Please visit COVID-19 Parking Information pages for more information on parking at Dulles International Airport and Reagan National Airport.
- Visit Silver Line Express Bus Service Updates for more information on bus service and alternate transportation options.
The Virginia Department of Health and CDC recommend personal hygiene and frequent hand washing as the best way to prevent illness. This includes:
- Wash your hands frequently, at least for 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick and stay home when sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you are travelling overseas, follow the CDC's guidance.
- Check-in with your airline if you have questions about your travel itinerary.
The Transportation Security Administration has created a webpage with resources and information for travelers. The page explains what to expect at TSA security checkpoints and describes added precautions being taken to keep passengers healthy and safe.
- Visit the FAQ section for answers to common questions.