Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Traveler Update on Coronavirus
Parking at Dulles Just Got Better
New Terminal Daily Lot, Just Steps from Main Terminal, Features Reduced Overnight Rate
Washington Dulles International Airport is offering a new parking product, called Terminal Daily, to give passengers an additional option and enhanced convenience just steps from the front doors of the main terminal.
The new Terminal Daily section, which opens August 1, is located in the Terminal Lot, adjacent to the existing Terminal Hourly section just in front of the Dulles main terminal building, and will feature overnight parking rates of $20 per day. Prior overnight rates in this close-in area were $35.
“Just as Dulles International continues to add domestic and international flights to destinations around the globe, we also continue to expand our parking options to improve our passengers’ experience and provide them with the variety of options that meet their needs,” said Dulles International Airport Manager Christopher U. Browne.
Passengers who park at the airport, and wish to take advantage of these two close-in parking options, will be directed by signage toward the main terminal and then into separate lanes for Hourly parking (to the right) and Daily parking (to the left).
With the addition of Terminal Daily, Dulles International now offers passengers five different parking options, each offering different rates and services to meet every traveler’s needs.
Complete Parking Options and Rates Beginning August 1:
- Terminal Hourly – the closest lot to the main terminal – will offer parking for $6 per hour (up from the previous $5), with a maximum of $30 per 24 hours.
- Terminal Daily – located at the back of the Terminal Lot – will offer overnight parking for a maximum of $20 per 24 hours. Hourly parking is available for $6 per hour in the garages.
- Garage 1 and Garage 2 – located adjacent to the main terminal, with covered walkways and shuttle bus service available – will offer overnight parking for a maximum of $17 per 24 hours. Hourly parking is available for $6 per hour in the garages.
- Valet Parking – located within the Terminal Lot near the main terminal’s front doors and offering premium amenities such as car detailing and dry cleaning pickup – is available at an overnight maximum of $35 for the first day and $30 for each subsequent day.
- Economy Parking – including more than 24,000 spaces – will offer a daily, flat rate of $10.
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, established in 1987 by the governments of Virginia and the District of Columbia, manages and operates Washington’s Ronald Reagan National and Dulles International airports, which together serve more than 40 million passengers a year. The Airports Authority also operates and maintains the Dulles Airport Access Road and the Dulles Toll Road and manages construction of the Silver Line project, a 23-mile extension of the Washington region’s Metrorail system into Loudoun County, Virginia. No tax dollars are used to operate the toll road, which is funded by toll revenues, or the airports, which are funded through aircraft landing fees, rents and revenues from concessions. The Silver Line construction is funded by a combination of toll-road revenues, airport contributions and federal, state and local government appropriations. The Airports Authority is led by a 17-member board of directors appointed by the governors of Virginia, Maryland, the mayor of Washington, D.C., and the president of the United States.