Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport’s celebrations, in honor of its 75th anniversary on June 16, hit full-swing the week of June 13, with promotions, giveaways, performances and a special historic aircraft arrival.
Restaurants across the airport will offer a “First Class Meal Deal,” special $19.41 dishes in honor of the airport’s founding in 1941. Shoppers and diners at the airport will be able to take advantage of a ‘gift with purchase’ promotion, receiving a free, vintage travel bag with $100 in combined purchases at the airport. Many stores will also have special deals and discounts as part of the celebrations.
A full listing of performances, events and stores and restaurants offering deals, discounts and $19.41 dishes can be found below and online at flyReagan.com/reagannational75.
On Reagan National’s actual anniversary, June 16, the airport is pulling out all the stops. Travelers on the 75th arriving flight will be treated to a celebration of their own, featuring special musical and dance performances and a giveaway at the gate.
The airport will also host the Aero Club of Washington for a lunch on June 16 in the Historic Lobby—the original ticketing area of the airport when it opened—with remarks from Doug Parker, President and CEO of American Airlines.
Finally, the airport will receive a special visit to commemorate the event—Flagship Detroit, a restored, American Airlines DC-3 aircraft and the same model that opened National Airport 75 years earlier—will arrive on the evening of Wednesday, June 15, for display at the Aero Club Lunch. Spectators wishing to catch a glimpse of Flagship Detroit in flight should follow Reagan National’s Twitter account @Reagan_Airport for details of its arrival and departure.
Restaurants Offering "First Class Meal Deals" the Week of June 13:
- Sam and Harry’s – Terminal C, pre-security
- Legal Sea Foods – Terminal B/C, pre-security
- Reservoir – Terminal A, post-security
- Page – Terminal A, post-security
- U Street Pub – Terminal B/C, post-security
- Washington Pour Bar – Terminal C, post-security
- Lebanese Taverna – Terminal B/C, post-security
- Grille District – Terminal B, post-security
- Cibo – Terminal B, pre-security
Shops Offering Promotions the week of June 13:
- As Kindred Spirits – Terminal B/C, pre-security
- America! – Terminal B/C, pre-security
- InMotion Entertainment – Terminal B/C, pre-security
- Capital Image – Terminal B, pre-security
- Landau – Terminal C, pre-security
- iTravel 2 – Terminal B, pre-security
- Dunkin Donuts – Terminal A, pre-security
Performances (all locations are pre-security unless otherwise noted):
- June 2: Crossroads Acoustic Band - 4:00-5:30 p.m., Terminal C
- June 9: The Real Geniuses - 3:00-6:00 p.m., Terminal B
- June 13: Fusion & Lennard Jack, Jr. - 4:00-5:30 p.m., Terminal A
- June 14: Heart Song Trio & Prince Havely - 4:00-5:30 p.m., Terminal C
- June 15: Two Smooth Duo - 4:00-5:30 p.m., Terminal B
- June 16: Carl Sandburg Middle School Jazz Band - 10:30-11:45 a.m., Terminal C
- June 16: Nora Palka and Gottaswing Dancers - 11:00 a.m. at Gate 25, post-security
- June 16: The Adrian Duke Project - 3:00-6:00 pm., Terminal B
- June 17: Verny Varela - 4:00-5:30 p.m., Terminal C
- June 23: The Jangling Reinharts - 3:00-6:00 p.m., Terminal B
- June 30: Another Level - 3:00-6:00 p.m., Terminal C
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority operates Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport, the Dulles Airport Access Highway and the Dulles Toll Road and also manages construction of the Silver Line project, a 23-mile extension of the Washington region’s Metrorail public transit system through Fairfax County and into Loudoun County, Virginia. More than 44 million passengers a year pass through the two airports. The Airports Authority generates more than 387,000 jobs in the National Capital Region.