Coin baskets will remain in place through early 2021
In order to give drivers additional time to prepare for the transition to all electronic tolling, coins (exact change only) will continue to be accepted for payment of tolls on the Dulles Toll Road into early 2021.
Manual toll collecting was suspended on April 6, in conjunction with the Virginia Department of Transportation’s response to COVID-19. When the date is set for the Dulles Toll Road transition to all electronic toll collecting, coins will no longer be accepted and tollbooth change baskets will be removed permanently.
All lanes on the Dulles Toll Road are currently equipped with electronic tolling, which accept the following forms of payment:
- Any lane can accept payment with a valid E-ZPass account. Customers can visit E-ZPass Virginia for information on how to obtain an E-ZPass.
- To make it easier to get an E-ZPass, the minimum opening account balance has been temporarily reduced to $20 per transponder (from $35) for online and phone account applications (877-762-7824).
- E-Z Pass also offers a Virginia E-Z Pass Reload Card that can be used to add cash to your E-ZPass account. They are available at local CVS Pharmacy and 7-Eleven Convenience Stores.
- The GoToll, Slora, Uproad and Peasey Drive On mobile smartphone apps are also accepted as toll payment methods.
- Motorists passing through toll plaza lanes without electronic or exact change payment will be sent a violation notice by mail.
- Customers are encouraged to visit the Virginia Department of Transportation’s online toll violation payment website to proactively pay missed tolls and receive information on other notices.