Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Traveler Update on Coronavirus
Police Department Benefits
Uniforms and equipment provided.
$120 allowance for footwear yearly
Weight management incentives and gym membership reimbursement
Tuition assistance for approved academic programs
Performance Based Pay Increases
- Annual pay raises are based on a Merit Pay for Performance (MPP) Program.
Overtime / Shift Differential
- Time and a half for hours worked beyond normal duty hours
- $2.00 per hour for night shift differential
- 25% Sunday premium pay (midnight shift receives double the premium pay if both Saturday and Sunday are worked)
- Holiday pay is twice the hourly rate.
Pay Differential for Voluntary Programs
- Explosive Detector Dog Handlers receive an additional $160 per pay period
- Field Training Officers receive additional compensation for each day that they mentor a new officer
- Special response Team receive an additional $50 per pay period
- 13 days per year during the first three years of service
- 19 ½ days per year after three years of service
- 26 days per year after 15 years of service
- 13 days per year
- The department fully supports individuals who are serving in the military reserve or the National Guard
- Individuals receive 15 days paid military leave yearly