The first phase to expand Concourse B added four airline gates to the west end of the building and was completed in April 2003. The addition is approximately 440 feet long and provides approximately 131,000 square feet of functional space. The final phase of the expansion of Concourse B completes the build-out of the facility to the west, providing 15 additional aircraft gates attached to a two-level concourse building. The expansion adds approximately 240,000 square feet to the existing building, bringing the total area of Concourse B to more than 800,000 square feet and the length to 2,810 feet. The expansion opened to passengers in January 2008 and Concourse construction was completed later that year. Constructing the Concourse B AeroTrain station is also part of this project. The train station is scheduled to open later in 2009 when AeroTrain service begins.
Statistics about Concourse B Expansion Projects:
- Measurements of 4-gate addition: 440 feet long, 131,000 square feet of functional space
- Date of 4-gate addition completion: April 2003
- Measurements of 15-gate expansion: 240,000 square feet of functional space
- The 15-gate expansion opened to passengers and flights on January 15, 2008
- Date of Concourse B AeroTrain Station completion - 2009
- Contractors for 4-gate addition: Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum - Design. Centex-Gilford, A Joint Venture II - Construction.
- Contractors for 15-gate expansion: Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum - Design. Balfour Beatty Construction, LLC - Construction.