A major roadway project is underway to improve access to Dulles, helping to reduce traffic delays and congestion. The phase shown in the map below concentrates on the north area of Dulles where vehicles enter and exit the Airport via the Dulles Access Highway or Route 28. A series of new ramps and secondary roads allows vehicles to merge more easily resulting in better traffic flow through this critical area.
Several new lanes and ramps leaving the airport (shown in blue) and entering the airport (shown in green) opened to traffic in 2007. Here is a map showing the traffic flow:
Click below for more about this project:
- Project map - full version jpeg file
- Project map - printable pdf file
- Construction Photo Gallery
- Press Release from February 2007 - PDF document
- Roadway Improvements project factsheet - PDF document