- Invitation for Bids (IFB)
- September 4, 2019
- Deadline for
- 2:00 PM (Eastern), October 9, 2019
- 45025 Aviation Drive, Suite 240, Dulles Airport
- $4,000,000 - $4,500,000 annually
- Phased over four years
- 5% Bid, 100% Payment, 100% Performance
- The Contractor shall furnish all necessary labor, materials, tools, equipment and supervision to replace eight condenser water pumps in the utility building at Washington Dulles International Airport. Work includes removing and installing replacement pumps, removing existing motor controls, installing variable frequency drive controllers, removing piping sections and installing new isolation valves. The project will be phased over a period of four years.
- This solicitation has a 25% Local Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (LDBE) participation requirement. Firms located within a 100-mile radius and whose 3 year average gross receipts, including all affiliates, do not exceed the size standard(s) below are eligible for consideration. For more LDBE/MBE/WBE information, including other LDBE size standards, contact the Airports Authority's Department of Supplier Diversity at 703-417-8660.
- LDBE Size
NAICS Code Type of Work / Service LDBE Size Standard 238190 Welding (On-Site) Contractors $15.0 Million 238210 Electrical Contractors $15.0 Million 238220 Plumbing, Heating, and Air-Conditioning Contractors $15.0 Million
- One, September 16, 2019 - The due date for bids remains unchanged.
- Pre-Bid Conference:
- Date: September 18, 2019
Time: 10:00 AM (Eastern)
Location: Conference Room B, Third Floor, 45045 Aviation Drive, Dulles Airport
- Pre-Bid Conference Documents:
- Pre-Bid Conference Attendees List (131 KB)
Questions and Answers
- All questions must be submitted by 3:00 PM (Eastern) September 26, 2019.
- Question Submission:
- The deadline for submitting questions has passed.
No further questions will be accepted.
- Answered Questions:
- Questions and Answers - September 4, 2019 (37 KB)
Questions and Answers - October 4, 2019 (33 KB)
Registration & Planholders List
- Show your interest in this solicitation by registering as a Planholder.
Registration will place your name on the Planholder List for this project and ensure that you receive notification of any amendments or other updates to the project which may be issued in the future.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Please enter "IFB-19-10221a" in the Solicitation Number field.
- Planholder List:
- Planholder List - October 4, 2019 (8 KB)
- If you download the solicitation documents and are interested in submitting a response, please register as a planholder by clicking on the "Registration & Planholders" tab above and following the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: If you fail to register, you will not receive notification of amendments, and failure to receive and acknowledge amendments may result in your submission being deemed non-conforming.
- Base Solicitation Documents:
- IFB-19-10221a (379 KB)
Price Schedule (37 KB)
Attachment 2: Specifications (1.33 MB)
Attachment 3: Drawings (24.9 MB)
Attachment 4: Construction Safety Manual
Attachment 5: Aviation Owner Controlled Insurance Program Manual - November 2018 Edition (3.66 MB)
Attachment 7: Orders and Instructions - Washington Dulles International Airport
- Amendments to Solicitation:
- Amendment One - September 16, 2019 (14 KB)
Help and Technical Assistance
- File Formats:
- Documents are in one or more of the following formats:
Adobe Acrobat PDF - Requires Adobe Reader version 5.0 or later.
You can download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge by clicking on the following link: Download Acrobat Reader
Microsoft Excel - Requires Microsoft Excel 2000 or later.
Microsoft Word - Requires Microsoft Word 2000 or later.
- Technical Assistance:
- If you have any technical questions or need assistance with the document download process, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-417-8672.
Last Updated October 4, 2019
The documents posted on this page and the information contained therein shall not be published or redistributed in any medium without prior written consent of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority.