- Invitation for Bids (IFB)
- January 31, 2019
- Deadline for
- 2:00 PM (Eastern), April 4, 2019
- 2733 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA 22202
- $1,000,000 - $4,000,000 annually
- 365 days from Notice to Proceed
- 5% Bid, 100% Payment, 100% Performance
- The Contractor shall furnish all necessary labor, materials, tools, equipment and supervision for the Campus Utility Distribution and Central Utility Improvement Phase II project at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Work includes lighting system upgrades and retrofits, chilled water and heating water upgrades at the Rental Car Facility, installation of electrical power meters on 44 loads 30HP and greater, Central Utility Plant thermal storage programming upgrades, Terminal B/C and Central Utility Plant differential pressure sensor integration.
- This solicitation has a 25% Local Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (LDBE) participation requirement and a 10% Voluntary MBE/WBE goal. Firms located within a 100-mile radius and whose 3 year average gross receipts, including all affiliates, do not exceed the size standard(s) below are eligible for consideration. For more LDBE/MBE/WBE information, including other LDBE size standards, contact the Airports Authority's Department of Supplier Diversity at 703-417-8660.
- LDBE Size
NAICS Code Type of Work / Service LDBE Size Standard 236220 Commercial and Industrial Building Construction $36.5 Million 238110 Poured Concrete Foundation & Structure Contractors $15.0 Million 238120 Structural Steel & Precast Concrete Contractors $15.0 Million 238210 Electrical Contractors & Other Wiring Installation Contractors $15.0 Million 238220 Plumbing, Heating & Air- Conditioning Contractors $15.0 Million 238910 Site Preparation Contractors $15.0 Million
- One, March 4, 2019 - The due date for bids is extended from March 7, 2019 to March 21, 2019.
Two, March 12, 2019 - The due date for bids is extended from March 21, 2019 to April 4, 2019.
- Pre-Bid Conference:
- Date: February 12, 2019
Time: 1:00 PM (Eastern)
Location: East Building, First Floor Conference Room, 2505 Abingdon Drive, National Airport
- Site Visit:
- Site visits will be held on February 14, 2019 at 8:00 AM. Meet at Garage A on the street level near the entrance.
- Pre-Bid Conference Documents:
- Pre-Bid Conference Attendees List (132 KB)
Pre-Bid Conference Presentation (1.25 MB)
Questions and Answers
Registration & Planholders List
- Show your interest in this solicitation by registering as a Planholder.
Registration will place your name on the Planholder List for this project and ensure that you receive notification of any amendments or other updates to the project which may be issued in the future.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Please enter "IFB-18-31823" in the Solicitation Number field.
- Planholder List:
- Planholder List - February 27, 2019 (8 KB)
- If you download the solicitation documents and are interested in submitting a response, please register as a planholder by clicking on the "Registration & Planholders" tab above and following the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: If you fail to register, you will not receive notification of amendments, and failure to receive and acknowledge amendments may result in your submission being deemed non-conforming.
- Base Solicitation Documents:
- IFB-18-31823 (500 KB)
Price Schedule (36 KB)
Attachment 1: Specifications (1.94 MB)
Attachment 2: Drawings (34.0 MB)
Attachment 3: Construction Safety Manual - Revision 17 - February 2016 (2.03 MB)
Attachment 3a: Construction Safety Manual - Forms Update Supplement - August 2018 (815 KB)
Attachment 4: Aviation Owner Controlled Insurance Program Manual - November 2018 Edition (3.66 MB)
Attachment 6: Orders and Instructions - Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Amendments to Solicitation:
- Amendment One - March 4, 2019 (12 KB)
Amendment Two - March 12, 2019 (1.40 MB)
Help and Technical Assistance
- File Formats:
- Documents are in one or more of the following formats:
Adobe Acrobat PDF - Requires Adobe Reader version 5.0 or later.
You can download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge by clicking on the following link: Download Acrobat Reader
Microsoft Excel - Requires Microsoft Excel 2000 or later.
Microsoft Word - Requires Microsoft Word 2000 or later.
- Technical Assistance:
- If you have any technical questions or need assistance with the document download process, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or call 703-417-8672.
Last Updated March 12, 2019
The documents posted on this page and the information contained therein shall not be published or redistributed in any medium without prior written consent of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority.